Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 22


I was lucky enough to shoot the Big Day Out for the second time in a row, last year in Melbourne, this year on the Gold Coast. Not only did I get to shoot in the same pit as the Great music photographer Tony Mott, I also got to photograph one of my favourite bands. The above photograph is in no way the best photograph I took all day however it represents something pretty special to me.

When I was a little 16 year old emo teenager I came across My Chemical Romance and fell in love with their music. Each one of their songs resonated with me on a personal level. I saw them in concert each time they came to Australia queuing for hours just to be near the front of the stage. My walls were adorned with the lead singers face (Gerard Way pictured above) and all my belongings were covered with their merchandise. If I told my teenage self that one day I would be the one taking photographs of the band I loved so much, I would have passed out cold!

Even though nowadays I prefer my music a tad less depressing and slightly more mellow, it was still a buzz to shoot the band I once loved so much.

5d II
70-200mm
160 ISO
400sec
f2.8

1 comment:

  1. Naww I remember when you were a little emo that loved my chem hehe. Your pics look amazing katie very impressed :)
    ~kat

    ReplyDelete